Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Physical Memory Being All Used Up

This is a discussion on Physical Memory Being All Used Up within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I noticed a member of the forum had a similar problem except his solution doesn't apply to me. http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-566077.html Recently

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

I noticed a member of the forum had a similar problem except his solution doesn't apply to me.

[SOLVED] Physical Memory All Being Used

Recently my computer has been using all of the physical memory available (95-97%) causing it to have small periods where it freezes us. I have 2.4G of RAM and don't really run too many apps at once. My processes usually shows 60 processes running.

I don't think it's a virus or malware issue. I run scans with Avast frequently.

The main culprit seems to be Firefox. When I check the processes it seems to be using up 1,000,000+ of memory and after that is a plug-in container.exe for Firefox. I don't have any add-ons installed other than Download Helper.

I don't understand why firefox is using that much. I do have a number of tabs open but they're mostly forums and some sports related tabs that I like to have open.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance
Rick

Old 11-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Scroll down to the lower part of this page and try that: The plugin-container.exe is using 100% cpu usage??? | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help

Old 11-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

What version of Firefox do you have installed?

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer_24 View Post
What version of Firefox do you have installed?
I'm using 7.0.1
Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Thank you very much for your help and reference. I'm going to go through that and see what works although I did notice that when I ended the plug-in process it reduced my physical memory usage almost in half (now hangs around the 45-55% mark) and hasn't caused the lag issue like before.

Thanks again for all your help
Old 11-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

You are welcome! Please mark this Thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top, if that fixed it.

Closed Thread