Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

PCSX2 0.9.6 Gsdx Error (DirectXwebsetup)

This is a discussion on PCSX2 0.9.6 Gsdx Error (DirectXwebsetup) within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Here's the problem; I'm trying to set up Pcsx2 on my PC so I can play FFX again. It was

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Here's the problem; I'm trying to set up Pcsx2 on my PC so I can play FFX again. It was working fine until my comp gave up.

I reinstalled Vista to fix the problem, problem solved. Install SP1, crashes at startup installation!

Tried again from Windows 7, wouldn't install, gets installed, goes to configuring installation screen, then says files can't be found. (Disk drive not making a noise so guessing thats the problem.

Used 15GB partition to test it on, installed fine, installed a couple of updates, working fine; HDD FULL! after almost no time - Literally about 25 mins, vista took approx. 5GB. Slowed comp right down to almost useless speeds

Wiped and installed linux with new partitions. Success!!! Then REINSTALLED VISTA... AGAIN! on new partition.

so far so good, installed all updates to now, still working at the moment, using GAG bootloader and so far, had no problems! (TOUCHWOOD!)

Now when i run Pcsx2, set configuration etc... it says that i need to update DirectX. So, i follow the link, dowload websetup, run it... Error on initialising. doesn't install.

So, i try again, reboot pc, try again. etc. Nothing works. I tried installing many different versions of DirectX, from 9.0c to 11. Found an End User Runtime file, approx 100MB, started installing, got an error and the green bar flashed right the way to the end. Not installed and can't make it work.

Anyone got any ideas? Tried deleting DX folders on C. Looked on dxdiag and it says i'm running dx11. but i'm using an ATI 2600XT - not a dx11 GPU. I know that a dx10 gpu will try and run on dx11 just not using features of it as it can't, but i never installed dx11, and can't seem to get rid of it as its nowhere to be found!

Help Please!

John