Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC does not connect to home wifi (Windows Vista)

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
I took my work laptop home for the first time yesterday. It wouldn't connect to the home wifi, but it does connect to other networks including work and McDonald's. It's not the modem, all our other devices work well with the home wifi and I reset the modem just in case. I've changed the proxy settings, which allowed me to connect to networks outside of work but no luck at home. I've allowed all my browsers through the firewall, even tried with the firewall off for a bit. I reset the tcp/in and winsock, didn't work. I have an Atheros AR5007 802 11b/g wifi adapter which is up to date and has been reset.

#2 ·
Also: When looking at the wireless network connection status, it says 3,000+ bytes sent and none received. I tried the "automatically acquire new IP settings option" and it says there is still a problem & that my modem/router is unavailable. A diagnostic test performed yesterday said there is an antispyware product installed that is not protecting the system but no infections were detected. This antispyware product is the last thing I can think to have caused this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.