odd...?

This is a discussion on odd...? within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Vista runs perfectly except for one little issue...the shell won't start without manually typing in "explorer.exe" interestingly enough, internet explorer

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Vista runs perfectly except for one little issue...the shell won't start without manually typing in "explorer.exe" interestingly enough, internet explorer starts as oppose to explorer.exe, anyone know if there's some corruption in some path of a registry or something? I would think it easy to solve, but I can't seem to figure my way around this thing.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

boot from the vista cd to the install screen,then look at the bottom left and click on the repair option

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help With Odd Computer Behaviors
Preface: While you analyze this log please keep in mind that this "HiJackThis" poster has very limited computer knowledge. If you provide me with spyware removal instruction, please relate it in laymen's terms. System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2...
Poko Resolved HJT Threads 34 07-16-2006 09:05 PM
Blackworm popup, and residuals from odd installations...
First warning...I've got Windows XP Pro but without SP1, sorry, my windows is screwed and won't update, but otherwise does what I need it to... can't reinstall until I find a way to move a program I can't replace. OH, another odd thing... my primary HDD is E:, not C:... don't ask how that happened...
AingealFire Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 02-19-2006 03:55 PM
Odd but needed request.
Ok, I used to have a Win Xp Pro, but now I have a WIn ME (just started using it two days ago). Here's a request for anybody who has a few minutes spare time... Ok, I cannot stand the icons on my desktop for some odd reason, like, for example, the recycle bin icon, the "my computer", and the how the...
lagwagon_87 Windows XP Support 7 07-24-2005 07:56 AM
Odd problem with a P4C800E-Deluxe
Im having a very odd problem with a new system Im building. All the parts except the Hard Drive, CD-Rom, Mouse and Keyboard are brand new. When I power on the system all the fans spin up and the hard drive takes off, but nothing happens. I know this sounds similar to other problems that have I...
ajerion Motherboards, Bios & CPU 11 11-21-2003 04:42 PM
Asus A7V333 odd characters on startup problems?
Whenever I start my computer the Asus image that comes up on startup has sort of dark lines through it, and once dos starts up there are lines of odd characters going vertically down the screen, evenly spaced, they seem to flicker a bit sometimes, yet you can still see the things that normally come...
kin3tix Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 06-13-2003 03:07 AM