Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Non System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready...Please Help!!

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
Hello there, I have a very limited knowledge of computers and I really need help. My 2007 hp laptop wont work. I have Windows Vista on it. Everytime I turn it on this message pops up. "Non System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready". I have no idea what to do, please help me!!

#2 ·
One of the more common reasons you may see this error would be if you have a USB flash drive or an external hard drive connected. It can also happen if you have something in the DVD drive.

So, if you have any of those types of things connected, disconnect them, make sure nothing is in your DVD drive, and try starting the computer again. I wouldn't be surprised if the error message changes slightly to something about there being no boot device found. In which case it would mean that your laptop's hard drive failed and presently your computer is looking elsewhere to try and find an operating system to load and failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.