Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver)

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Conwork 
#1 ·
I'll give you guys the full story with as much information as possible to make this as easy as possible.

Yesterday i installed a game however, when i went to play i got a message saying my 'Sound-Driver was occupied by another application and i needed to close that application in order to play the game'. Trying to figure out this problem i visit multiple websites and many people tell me to delete the sound drivers from my PC and re-install them. The only problem was i had no CD that came with my laptop so i had to find the drivers online. I went to Acer.com and put in my model number and found the right laptop. I went to the Audio tab and 3 driver options came up. Not knowing which was the right one i downloaded/installed them all.
Before we go any further ill give the spec's of my PC and what driver i deleted.

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire V3-571
System type: 64 bit operating system

To delete my drivers i went to Start>Right click on my computer> Properties>Device Manager>Sound, Video, Game Controllers tab, and then right clicked the driver and clicked remove.

The two Drivers that came up under the 'Sound, Video, Game Controllers' tab were:
- Intel (R) Display Audio
- Realtek High definition Audio (I deleted this one because this is my sound)

Once i deleted this Realtek Audio driver i lost sound instantly (which was expected) and proceeded to download the 3 drivers from the Acer Website. Here is the link to the website and the drivers i downloaded: Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents

Once i downloaded all 3 drivers i restart my PC and when it starts back up again in the bottom right of my task bar the device manager icon pops up and it tells me a new device is being installed. I click it and a little window pops up and says the 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' is being installed. However, after i wait a few minutes the install has failed and i click OK and nothing has changed. I'm still left with no sound. So, i check the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers tab under device manager again and instead of 'Realtek High Definition Audio' being there 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' is under that tab but has a yellow explanation mark on it. Note it was not there before i deleted the Realtek driver, it just appeared after i deleted the driver. I continue to go on the internet to find a 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' driver but i can't find anything.

Additional information:
- I also went to the realtek website (Realtek) and went to drivers and utilities and downloaded the 64bit window 7 driver executable files but again once i install and re-start my PC the same thing happens as before. It says the Audio Device and High definition Audio bus is being installed but then it fails again.
- I also just downloaded/installed the newest chipset driver but that hasn't changed anything (i really didn't think it would but it was worth a try)
- Also, maybe i am just not installing the Drivers properly? I download the drivers from Acer and extracted the file into a folder. I click the setup button and the Realtek blue screen pops up and i click next, next, next etc and install and then it says 'would you like to restart your computer' at the end and then its finished.

This is pretty much the full story and i haven't left anything out as far as i can remember. If i need to provide additional information just message me and i will provide it.

It would be great if i could get this fixed so i can try and figure out the other problem with my game.
Thank you in advance!

-Conwork

See less See more
#2 ·
"Your sound-driver is currently used by another application." Problem

So today i downloaded Assassins Creed 1 and proceeded to install. The installation worked fine and when i click the Assassins Creed Icon on my desktop i get this message:

"Your Sound-Driver is currently used by an other application. Close any application using your Sound-Driver and try again... else you'll not be able to hear and sounds or musics."

I looked in Device manager under the 'Sound' tab and my sound drivers are working fine. I have sound and haven't even had a sound problem since i got this PC. I thought it might have been the download but i downloaded a bunch of different ones and i keep getting the same message. Any help would be amazing. Here are my specs:

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire V3-571
RAM: 6GB
System type: 64 bit

I don't see how re-installing my sound drivers would fix this problem because everything works fine... so instead of suggesting that lets try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.