Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sound from speakers or headphones

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DT Roberts 
#1 ·
First let me say that I saw the guide stickied at the top for how to properly post a request for help. But I don't know how to classify this.

The problem is I have no sound on my computer from either the speakers (part of the monitor) or the headphones. And my microphone doesn't seem to be working, but I think these two are related. I want to hear sound.

So I'm not sure what to say. I have Windows 7. I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s7320n desktop PC. My monitor is an SVA, model number 7005L. Maybe SVA isn't the brand, but it has those letters on the front.

I have tried plugging the cord that normally handles the sound into all of the jacks in the back of the tower. But I keep getting told that "No audio output device is installed." Maybe I did this simple process incorrectly. I am willing to retry it with help. I can't adjust the volume from my keyboard. Not that it matters because no sound is coming from the computer.

I'm not sure if this problem is hardware or software related. I called tech support for Windows and HP. They both wanted to charge me for them to take the equipment and repair it. But I don't think it's an equipment problem because everything runs just fine. I just can't hear anything.

I recently had a new hard drive installed. As a result, I ended up being upgraded from XP to Windows 7. The sound worked with XP.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.