Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No more music

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 · (Edited)
My computer won't recognize my iPod in iTunes when I want to add music to the already existing assortment. We have tried all sorts of backup, restart, etc. and nothing works. It has been suggested that it is a Windows problem, not iTunes or my iPod. I would appreciate any suggestions.

#3 ·
Is your computer a Laptop or a Desktop?
When you plug your iPod in, it should say New Hardware Found.
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager do you see any devices with a yellow flag? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, do you see an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now unplug the USB cable from the computer and restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, with the iPod on, plug it into a different USB port, if a Desktop, plug it into the Back USB port and not the front which are weaker. You should get the New Hardware Found. It should also be listed under Start/Devices and Printers. If so, then iTunes should recognize it.

#9 ·
I don't know. I backed iTunes up onto my external hard drive and then went back in to try to get the computer to see my iPod. Those things that I know about computers, I know fairly well, but I depend on my sons for advice most of the time, so am largely illiterate......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.