Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

"No Audio Output Device is Installed" after update

This is a discussion on "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after update within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i just found this site on google and i don't know if i put this in the right place......i updated

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

i just found this site on google and i don't know if i put this in the right place......i updated (system update and sound card update) last week or the week before and after i restarted i got this X over my speaker in the tray and now the only sound i get is this loud BEEP ......i can't play music............well i called HP and they had me go into safe mode with networking then this bios thing (gray screen) ....there was the delete the driver .....restart that didn't work and then he told me the only thing he could think of is to do full system restore and return it to factory settings but then after i was done talking to him i remembered that the speaker say "No Device Installed" so i was thinking could i buy this software (its conexant if that matters) or does anybody know an alternative ...maybe this happened to you and you figured it out

pleast let me know

p.s.
i uploaded an error message i've been getting for a long time because i had codec problems when i first got this computer and i didn't know what i could do so google lead me to something that told me to save a dll thing (i didn't know)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error message.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	23829  

Old 02-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Registered Member

Evil

wow 27 views (last i checked) and no comments can anybody help me

Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Security Team
Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

What Codecs did you download? Some of these are actually malware.

Type OLEPRO32.dll in the search box. Is the file in system32? Is there more than one...possibly located in another area?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Registered Member

i typed "olepro" and it says No items match your search and i don't even know if it was a codec when i started getting this message because it told me to save this dll thing and i still had the codec problems after that but a month or 2 ago i got the Vista Codec Package and then i got the sound and video working but i still got that same error message
Old 02-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
Security Team
Analyst

Try typing OLEPRO32.dll as I posted above.

What version of Vista are you running?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
Registered Member

sorry about that only 1 showed up and its in "C:\Windows\System32" and i forgot how to check the version of vista i have (it came with the computer)

EDIT TO SAY: Vista Home Premium (32-bit if that is needed)
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
Registered Member

????????
Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
Registered Member

anything????
Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
Registered Member

hello?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 PM   #10
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Visiting Expert

Hi Punkman

Sorry we haven't gotten back to you earlier.

I'm surprised the Hp tech didn't mention the possibility of using Vista's System Restore to help with your problem.

As long as you haven't disabled System Restore, give it a go -- use a restore point from before your audio drivers trouble. You can find the Vista version of System Restore in the same area of the Start Menu as in XP --- Start - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore. Or you can simply type System Restore into the Vista Start Search box near the bottom of the Vista Start menu, and press Enter.

You mention Conexant -- it can be tricky to find the right driver for some of their offerings, as some are inside of chipsets (such as the one in the ATi s400 southbridge) . . . if the System Restore doesn't work, see if you can locate an exact-match driver for your audio. You can also try uninstalling the latest updates from Control Panel.

Best of luck
. . . Gary
Old 03-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #11
Registered Member

ok the first thing the hp guy said was to look at recent updates and we found out that the only updates listed were from after the problem started so i guess he was gonna try the restore point first......and when i try to update the driver it says ....(i uploaded an image of it) and i don't want to do a system restore yet because i am saving money for an external hd so i can back everything up
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	update.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	24515  
Old 03-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #12
Security Team
Analyst

Step by step troubleshooting from HP:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/f...name=c00820207

Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #13
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Visiting Expert

Hi again

Definitely try the Hp troubleshooter's that Jaycee pointed you to ... those look promising. (Glad to see Hp is providing some thorough support).

I think your plan for backups is a good idea, too (regular backups are always a good idea).

I imagine you realize, of course, that the System Restore I'm referring to is not the same as using the HP Recovery procedure. Vista System Restore mainly involves system files, whereas the Hp Recovery procedure - when a "complete" or "full" recovery is chosen - can involve the loss of all current data, and the restoration of only the factory-original disk image.

Hope the Hp troubleshooters turn up a quick fix!
. . . Gary
Old 03-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
Registered Member

well, my dad tried the recovery "method" and it didn't work so i guess the full system "factory setting" restore is the only thing i can do...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #15
Registered Member

i'll also add this upload (i don't know why)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	no new updates.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	24579  
Old 03-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
Registered Member

it works!!! i tried to update (it failed but) i was on another forum and it gave me a link to a youtube video and then i heard sound....it was a little weird to hear something other than the harsh beep all the time