Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

need help tp speed up pc

958 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jcgriff2 
#1 ·
I have windows vista , IE .. HP desktop what is a good program to make pc run fast. thanks

#3 ·
Hi ROZIA,

Like sobeit said, we would definitely need your full computer specs in order to help you with this issue. By knowing your computer specs, we can pinpoint the bottleneck that is slowing your computer down. What is the brand/model of your computer? Is your computer a desktop or laptop computer?

#4 ·
There is no one program that will make your computer run faster. As stated, the specs of your computer will determine the speed and if can be upgraded or not
You can also click on the link in my signature for PC Running Slow? and try those things

#7 · (Edited)
(EDIT)To Speed up Start UP Process, you can disable some useless programs that doesn't need to be accessed on Start Up.
1. Press <R> and the windows logo button at the same time to bring up the RUN command. Type msconfig and press <ENTER> to bring up system Configuration. Click on <startup> . There you can eliminate programs like Skype/Steam Ect.. I will warn you don’t disable NEEDED programs.

Another thing I use on my own Personal computer because I really don't care for the visual effects windows has to offer. Here is another way to adjust windows for performance.

Press the <R> and the windows logo button at the same time to bring up the RUN command. Type systempropertiesperformance and press <ENTER>. Here click on <Visual Effects> check the <Adjust for best performance>. Though this option provides no stunning windows appearance, it helps skip unessecary computer power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.