Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My plug and play ready Razer Naga Molten Edition gaming mouse is not working

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  The_Janitor 
#1 ·
Hello everybody,

I am currently having a lot of problems with my new gaming mouse. I recently bought a Razer Naga Molten Edition, but its not working right off the box. Whenever my pc tries to install the driver for it, it just keeps on telling me that Windows can't find the driver for the mouse. I even went into my device manager and tried manually updating it from there, but it fails once again. I even tried resetting my USB ports controllers from my device manager, but it did not work either... And yes, I've tried all of my USB ports but non of them works for my Razer Naga. all of the drivers for my USB ports are also up to date.

After trying everything I could to make this work through Plug and Play... I decided to go ahead and download the actual drivers from the Razer website.. I tried using Synapse 2.0 and even tried using the Naga Legacy driver, but nothing seems to work. I tried calling the customer support from Razer thinking that they could help me out, but they just suggested that I return the mouse even when I told them that the MOUSE WORKS WHEN PLUGGED INTO ANY OTHER WINDOW 7 COMPUTER.

PS:
I am currently having trouble with my new Microsoft Sidewinder X4 asw well. ITS GIVING ME THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM THAT MY MOUSE IS GIVING ME.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprice SP1 64-bit on my PC.
Intel i5 2550K CPU
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
AMD Radeon 6850 HD
16Gb of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram

I hope that I have given enough information in order to get some help/fix for this! Thank You in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
1) Is the device recognized properly in Safe Mode?
2) If you use MSCONFIG and turn off all non-MS Services, and all Startups, does the device work correctly then?
3) Is the Plug & Play service running?
4) In Device Manager click "show hidden devices". Are there any flagged devices?
5) Does the device need & are you using a 64-bit driver? Although I would think that the basic mouse functions would automatically be recognized...

Run chkdsk
check Event Viewer and report any chronic and/or significant errors.

#3 · (Edited)
Thank You for responding!

1) It is not working in Safe mode as well. It appears in device manager, but along side it is a yellow exclamation mark and Code 8 error.

2)I've already turned off all non-ms services, then clicked disable all. I've also done the selective startup option with "load startup items" option unchecked.. this method managed to make the Naga Razer mouse light up and work for about 10 secs upon start up but once Windows 7 notifies me that it failed on finding the driver for the item, it stops working once again, but the the mouse stays lit up.

3)What do you mean by this? Shouldn't PnP service always be up and running? cuz whenever I plug in a flash drive, it detects and installs everything right away without any hitch.

4)there are currently flagged devices besides the yellow exclamation mark that is right on top of the naga siren mouse.

5)This device should work with either 34 or 64 bit OS. I have a 64 bit system.
I've also tried manually directing the driver installation into the driver folder but all it says is that it can't find the driver.

is there a way ican export the event viewer log and post it here?

EDIT: event viewer stuff

The driver \Driver\kbdcap failed to load for the device HID\VID_045E&PID_0040\7&261c2515&0&0000.

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\kbdcap.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

The driver \Driver\kbdcap failed to load for the device HID\VID_1532&PID_0015&MI_00\8&8c82168&0&0000.

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\kbdcap.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

#6 ·
This also points to malware. Win7 fixes the problem (maybe repairs a system file), and some malware comes along and breaks it again.

Unless you have a better idea, I'd advise going to the Security Forum and get vetted for possible malware. Include a link to this thread in your initial post. When problems are on again, off again it's either an intermittent hardware problem or malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.