Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

My Asus Ultrabook keeps shutting down when i close the lid

This is a discussion on My Asus Ultrabook keeps shutting down when i close the lid within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Asus Zenbook ux21a was bought brand new and days later I have been closing the laptop lid and it

Old 12-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Asus Zenbook ux21a was bought brand new and days later I have been closing the laptop lid and it shuts it down when before it was just in sleep mode but would resume but now it shuts the laptop down and I power it back on and I get a message saying windows didn't shut down properly and windows recovery error.

Any ideas? The whole point in an ultrabook is to be able to close it and open it when you need to.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Hello,

Check the Power Options/plan to see what the lid close action is set too.

Change what happens when you close your mobile PC lid

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compaq Presario V2000 Wireless Disconnection when lid close
Well, I have a Compaq Presario V2000 running Windows XP and whenever i close the lid of the laptop the wireless disconnects. I have all of my power settings set to NOTHING. I have set the adapter, Minimum Power Consumption disabled, same with the Power Save Mode. Any Ideas? Thanks in...
kiwi1772 Networking Support 6 09-26-2011 09:20 AM
LCD turns on with closed lid (Dell Studio 1555)
Hello, I have Dell Studio 1555 laptop, with Windows 7 64bit Ultimate OS. All drivers updated, all recommended Windows updates installed. Since I set my power options to keep laptop awake with closed lid (usually when I leave it to do something, to save energy or space on table, or in many...
laukejas Laptop Support 18 09-01-2011 09:15 AM
[SOLVED] lcd not turning off when i close the laptop lid
hey guys. I recently had a laptop problem, and ended up sending it to a repair shop, where the motherboard was replaced with a new one. However, after I got it back, I've noticed two problems. 1. the date and time are set back to 2008. I know how to fix this, but I'm curious why it could have...
risingstar64 Laptop Support 13 08-04-2011 03:33 PM
Desktop Icons Jumbled if I Close the Lid of My Computer
Hey y'all my Windows XP Laptop icons mess up when I close the lid. Under power options I have the setting "When I close the lid of my computer: Do nothing". I want to be able to close my lid so my cat will not step on the keys but I don't want it to shut down. The computer should not do anything...
riffdex Windows XP Support 2 06-18-2011 03:39 PM
Close lid problem.
On my Dell Inspiron 1750 I set the settings that when I close the lid it doesn't go into sleep mode or turn off or anything. I did this so I could continue downloading steam games and play music while Im still sleeping. However, recently when I closed the lid and then opened in the morning it took...
Monny1279 Laptop Support 1 06-16-2011 05:04 PM