Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Mouse lag when in browser

This is a discussion on Mouse lag when in browser within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm a pc tech and am working on a problem that i'd like to see if anyone has encountered. I

Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm a pc tech and am working on a problem that i'd like to see if anyone has encountered. I have a dell desktop pc running windows 7 pro sp1 32 bit. When I open a browser (ie or chrome) the mouse on the google homepage works fine until I do a search. After the results page comes up the mouse cursor skips as I move it across the screen. Basically skipping along at a slow pace. Dissappearing when it lags. It only does this when in a browser off the homepage. Different mice have been tried. My first thought is a virus. Malwarebytes scan turned up nothing. I'm currently running an eset scan to see what that turns up. Anyone experience this before?

UPDATE: This seems to only happen as the cursor moves across links on a page. It kinda pauses on them then lets go.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi have a tinker with the settings in control panel mouse > pointer options enhance pointer precision

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Try you're mouse on a different monitor.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS, but not in windows 7
Hey guys, So I've been struggling with this problem all day, and there are many forums around the internet like this, but none are exactly like mine, and I've tried a lot of the troubleshooting options that seem to work for others but haven't fixed my problem. Firstly, I've recently put together a...
Rescalin Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 13 03-28-2013 01:26 AM
I Have A Sick Mouse
Acer Aspire M1641 Vista Premium sp2 I have a fairly new HP mobile mouse. I haven't used it much because at the slowest pointer speed, it is still a little fast for me. I got it out to give it another try. Now, it wont work. If the pointer appears on the monitor, the mouse wont move it. It's...
likekinds Other Hardware Support 5 03-19-2013 05:55 AM
tough one - No left mouse click
So this is weird. Just a couple days ago I reformatted my system and installed Windows 7 while dual-booting with Linux Mint. Today I ran into a situation where I lost my left-click functionality on my wireless mouse. I couldn't left click anywhere (in browser or not) I then unplugged my wireless...
honkanen Other Hardware Support 2 10-14-2011 08:11 AM
Mouse problems
Hello, my mouse is not working anymore! I have a X7 mouse and my mouse only works if i hold the usb cable of the mouse in a very very certain angle and pull it with a very certain force ( i hold the wire 5 cm from the usb port not near the mouse). Does this mean the the usb wire of my mouse is...
raabish Other Hardware Support 5 03-27-2011 04:52 PM