Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Mouse Clicks Don't Work Sporadically

This is a discussion on Mouse Clicks Don't Work Sporadically within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello Everyone, I'm trying to figure out an issue that just started happening in the past two days. The issue

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out an issue that just started happening in the past two days.

The issue is: my mouse clicks won't work on programs or on the desktop. I can move the mouse around, but the click don't work (for example, I can't click in Chrome, task manager, or desktop). The clicks only work on the taskbar (minimizing/maximizing). However, I'm able to navigate with the programs using my keyboard.

It's a really odd problem. Additionally, I would like to add that I have two mice available (bluetooth and touchpad) and the problem occurs for both. As such, I think the problem is not a hardware related issue in regard to the mouse itself.

My first thought was a virus/malware; however, I perform viruscans daily. I also ran scans from ad-aware and malwarebytes and neither program found anything. According to both, my system is clean. Additionally, mcaffee didn't pick anything up either.

Restarting doesn't help (in fact it can happen right after I reboot).

I would appreciate any help that you can provide on this issue. I'm completely

Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Boot into SAFEMODE w/ Networking and test both.

Update touchpad drivers.

Try another user account. Activate Hidden Admin for test - Hidden Admin Account - sysnative.com - MVP

Check in with the Reliability Monitor - see what installed ~2+ days ago -
START | type perfmon /rel

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USB mouse not working. Vista SP2
Help! :grin: I am having a problem with the in-laws computer, and have been asked to try and fix it. They have a dell gateway GT5428 that they bought at best buy. They have been using an optical mouse plugged into one of the rear USB ports since it was purchased. All of a sudden, while surfing the...
Dragnknght Other Hardware Support 1 01-26-2011 02:56 PM
Mouse help
I was trying to get a ps3 controller to work with my vista desktop home premium and when i rebooted my computer my mouse wouldnt work. i got a wireless mouse and that wouldnt work either. i figure its a driver problem and my ps3 drivers must have corrupted them. i know how to erase and reinstall...
allanss Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 01-16-2011 06:25 PM
[SOLVED] Mouse and Keyboard do not work
As soon as I plugged a USB drive into my computer... The keboard and mouse stopped working. The screen still shows things happening (such as when its booting up). I have restarted the computer multiple times and still nothing. I don't know much about BIOS so I'm not really sure what to do. Please...
Reload25 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 01-15-2011 10:41 AM
mouse don't work well
I have A DELL mouse that don't want to move with the cliks very good. Its about 4 years old ,constant use. Is it time to buy a new mouse?:4-dontkno. thanks for any replys bob s
bsa_bob Other Hardware Support 7 01-11-2011 10:03 AM
Keyboard & Mouse won't work
I am using XP and only have USB ports for keyboard and mouse. Keyboard and mouse stopped working. Have tried other ports, other mice and no luck. Upon booting up a message shows briefly that says, "keyboard disabled." Cannot get in to safe mode. Any suggestions?
mn2ca2co Other Hardware Support 11 01-02-2011 09:55 PM