Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Microsoft Fix It 50202.msi

This is a discussion on Microsoft Fix It 50202.msi within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The below mentioned quote/unquote is causing me problems as follows When I get to the link, and I click fixit,

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

The below mentioned quote/unquote is causing me problems as follows
When I get to the link, and I click fixit, it downloads but when I try to run fixit, the operation does not function.
I am using IE9 on Win7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit
Any help in resolving this problem is appreciated.

Open Internet Explorer (32-bit only) to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 [ignore any DOES NOT APPLY warnings] & run the Fix It in DEFAULT and then AGGRESSIVE modes

unquote

Old 05-19-2011, 02:03 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

Hi Henrie,

Right click on the 'Fixit' file you downloaded and choose Properties. Under the General tab there is a section at the bottom called Security. If there is a button named 'Unblock' next to that, click it and see if that helps. Also, try Right clicking on the file and selecting 'Run as administrator'.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
Registered Member

Performed as per your response, but unfortunately situation remains same.
As a matter nowhere do I see run as administrator in properties.
It is apparent there might be a problem somewhere along the line.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

Quote:
As a matter nowhere do I see run as administrator in properties.
Right click on the file you downloaded and select 'Run as administrator'. The file may need to be run at an elevated level in order to take effect.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Registered Member

As mentioned earlier, run as administrator does not show which must admit is unusual