Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Make bootable clone of Vista Partition

12K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nickster_uk 
#1 ·
Will be purchasing a WD raptor and want to put the OS on it, don't want to reinstall all the program so I have tried to clone it on an old hardrive that i will remove and use as a Backup.
Tried XXclone and it install to Vista but does not show any drives in the dropdown boxes so I booted to my XP partition and cloned the drive from there.
When I try to boot from it it says NTLDR is missing ( I did use the cool tools option and ticked all three boxes), i assume this is because of the different boot system of vista
Your input would be appreciated

#4 ·
Acronis True Image can do this kodi but you have to install an extra component called Universal Restore which enables you to restore any image to different hardware without having to worry about the different hardware profiles. Think you have to use the 'Workstation' edition and you'll be able to make a boot disc with all the required components on.

As for XXclone, i'm not familiar with that so i'm not going to be able to help you but John (the Pilot) uses it (I think??) so he may be able to help

#5 ·
Just use Vista backup system. Click on full backup and save it to you current HDD. When you put the raptor HDD's in do a fresh install of Vista. Then when your setup with the new installation go back in the Vista backup and click restore and your back to normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.