Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Lost internet connection

This is a discussion on Lost internet connection within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Operating system: Vista (I don't think I have the service packs) Browser: Firefox - latest version I have avast antivirus.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

Operating system: Vista (I don't think I have the service packs)
Browser: Firefox - latest version
I have avast antivirus.

I went to nbc.com for the first time last night to watch a video off it. It required I install a plug-in named PMBInstNBC.exe in order to watch a video. I started watching the video and it worked, but then I went to change the settings on it and it locked up. So I restarted it and it came up with the "unable to locate server" error message for when your internet is disconnected. I closed the window and opened a new one and it gave the same error message. I restarted my computer a number of times and shut down and restarted and it still did not not connect. I tried a windows update and that would not connect either. I tried using internet explorer and that was not able to access the internet either.

I disconnected my wife's computer from the router and connected it directly to the service provider modem (or whatever it is called that the router plugs into) and it worked fine.

I have not tried to connect my computer directly to the modem to see if it is the router yet, but has anyone experienced anything like that?