Have you recently installed any Norton/Symantec software or possibly any other security software? If so, did you have any other security programs/suites on there before doing so, other than those that come with Vista (i.e. Windows Defender, Windows Firewall)?
1) Click Start and type c:\users
into the Search box and press Enter
2) Double-click on your profile's folder (i.e. the one that may have your name or whatever you named the profile that you are using).
3) Right-click on the Desktop
folder, click Properties
and then choose the Location
4) Click the Restore Default
button and then click OK
5) Close all windows and restart the computer.
6) See if you can access Computer
but don't panic if it doesn't work and you get the same error message as there are more things to try.
7) Post back here with the results.
Now playing: Pat Benatar - All Fired Up