Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

laptop slow , please help ! cant click on icons !

This is a discussion on laptop slow , please help ! cant click on icons ! within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. about a week ago we had problems with our laptop , stuff started to pop out like virus stuff telling

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

about a week ago we had problems with our laptop , stuff started to pop out like virus stuff telling me to click to scan , everytime i tryed to go the internet this stuff would come up ! so we couldnt browse on the internet ! i took it to a friends and i have no clue what he done ,i think he put avg on ! but i prosponed the scan but now i cant click on it !but now we can go on the internet , but its verry laggy and slow , we even have random music play somtimes ! or like adverts ! but yet theres no browser or icon , so i dont know were the music is coming from ! and also i cant click on any of my desktops icons , or som start menu items, cant get into contol panel ! everytime i try these icons a message coms up saying *windows cannot acces the specified device,path, or file you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item* then i jus click ok then it doesnt let me on them ! and somtimes this internet script comes up and says run scripts ? please help before i chuck it out the windo !

Old 04-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF please go here and follow the instructions NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum you may still be infected so let the security analysts check it for you and come back if you still have issues

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Appears you where a victim of "Rouge Security Software" it was very common.
It also appears your friend may have been a little over zealous in it's removal,removing necessary system files.System Restore to a date prior to the "Security Software" is probably the easiest solution,tho there are many options.

The MS MVPs will surely better suggestions and i recommend you wait for them.
In the meantime it may help them to know the computers Specs.brand/model# etc.
Best of Luck and be sure to look out for pedestrian should you decided to chuck it out the window =P
Old 05-01-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
Registered Member

lol thankyou , il have a look at the suggestions you have gave me !