Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop has no Microsoft office other than Word

SOLVED 
3K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  WarriorOfEden 
#1 ·
Hey! My sister keeps using my laptop for her homework and spends ALL DAY on there, listening to music and messing about... so we got her her own little laptop to use for school work, it has been working fine but now, for some odd reason, Microsoft office has decided to disappear.... quite literally! All that is left is Word and it doesn't work that well... why is this?

I don't know what's going on.... please help!

#3 ·
As Corday said, Microsoft Office is a separate software purchase. New laptops come with a trial version of Office good for 30 days, then they require you to purchase it.
Go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. Is Microsoft Office one of the installed Programs?
If so, Go to C:\Program Files, or C:\Program Files (x86) look for Microsoft Office.

#5 ·
If you have the Office disk or can contact the prior owner for it, you can reinstall. Without a Product Key MS won't help. Search for it including your Control Panel and if absolutely nowhere, do a System Restore. Depending on the date, you might have to download and reinstall some updates.

#9 ·
Hi, open control panel folder options and under "view" put a check in "show hidden files and folders"

Navigate to C:\ MSOCache if this file exists it means the setup details for office have been retained, (does not need the cd) you can open any office suite (for example word) from "help" select detect and repair.

These are .cab files (zipped) they will open with winzip and for example starting with W you will find an executable (winword.exe), running this opens word.

#13 ·
Hi, the files appear under All Users open this file, it normally has one other file open this to reveal the .cab files, if they are there, open control panel programs and features does Microsoft office show there? if so select it and then select uninstall you will get an option to repair choose this , the office suite will reinstall from the .cab files, no need for a CD.

#19 ·
Yeah I did Corday, thing is no one knows when exactly the problems started to occur... its been like this for a long time.....

I will see if the student addition has PP, Excel, etc.... hopefully it does and my sister doesn't have to use my laptop all the time. Thanks for all your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.