Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

laptop does not wake from sleep / hibernate

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pittskatty 
#1 ·
No doubt this is a "hardware problem" but here goes:

My hp 6735s laptop (vista) does not wake up from sleep/hibernate if put to sleep/hibernate and left alone for more than 25 minutes. Nothing seems to wake it up, until I restart the computer by pressing down (a good long time) on the power button.

Also, the "Sleep" button on keyboard has no effect whatsoever.

Small detail: I checked control panel -> keyboard, as suggested by one site and notice that my keyboard has no support for a wake fup unction.

#2 ·
Try changing your sleep settings.

Go to "Control Panel"

Go to "Hardware & Sound"

"Power Options"

You will see such options as "Choose What The Power Buttons Do" & "Choose What Closing The Lid Does." Poke around in here and you should find how to change the sleep settings.

I played around in here the other day. I bet this will help you.

Good luck!

#3 ·
Hmmm, thanks kisezr00k: I played around already with settings, but computer still does not wake up if left for some time in hibernating mode. The power button is orange, but when pressed has no effect at all.

The laptop also turns itself off automatically (when plugged in, mind you) after a few hours. I thought this only happens when operating on battery power ... to save battery.

Will still experiment and observe, but cannot help thinking this is a sign of a small problem!

#4 ·
There are two possibilities here, either you are having problems with hibernate or with sleep. I had a very similar problem with hibernate. I found solutions for that problem, it is along story. The main clue for me was to enable the hibernate file. Here is how. Just google 'vista laptop not waking from sleep' then select annoyances resolved. I followed their directions to solve my prob. -hth

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.