Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 - 100% CPU Usage

This is a discussion on Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 - 100% CPU Usage within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I recently did a reformat and installed Kaspersky IS 2012, from the same license of my 2011 IS.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hey guys,

I recently did a reformat and installed Kaspersky IS 2012, from the same license of my 2011 IS.

The problem is, its deciding to jump to 100% CPU usage whenever it wants, it's not frequent maybe once a day (I might start logging times and checking if there are any events scheduled at those times) but it's extremely annoying.

It's almost disregarding all the settings I have on the program and running an update or whatever as it pleases.

This never happened with 2011 for me, after Googling others said they had problems after reformatting and installing with 2011 and 2012, however no solutions were listed.

Any ideas?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Moderator Offline

Did you know that kaspersky has it own support forum, similar to TSF?

Kaspersky Lab Forum -> English User Forum

They maybe better and quicker help.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALL files hidden. XP REPAIR "16375588.exe"
Hit a nasty link last nite and noticed Java icon pop up in the task bar. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up task manager and it said disabled by administrator which is me and I did not do. Soon all files were hidden and only option on screen was "XP Repair" pop up. I only seem to get control in safe...
mrfurrypants Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-07-2011 07:16 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 07:49 PM
Lets try this one more time
Hello, Randomly after I start my computer (I'm probably connected to the internet too) windows shoots up "Generic Host for Win32 processes has encountered an error and needs to close". After that I receive svchost.exe - Application Errors (The instruction at "0x001a6f64" referenced memory at...
TheCommonUser Inactive Malware Help Topics 21 06-12-2011 11:10 AM
Some kind of redirect on computer (Monster Marketplace)
I don't know how this happened, but something has gotten into my computer that constantly redirects anything I click on. If I enter a search in the box, that does OK, but whenever I click on anything, there's a high likelihood that what I've clicked on won't come up - quite often, Monster...
Calgirl Resolved HJT Threads 198 05-23-2011 07:01 AM