Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Java did not install error 1603

SOLVED 
5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  win98forever 
#1 ·
The first run it told me it did not install Error 1603 and I tried again. Then it uninstalled the old version. In both cases the result told me it was unsuccessful.
I restarted and found that the destination folder was occupied turns out that both versions were still listed there but not in the control panel. I put them in the trash.
I also followed the secondary instruction to use the Java Control Panel but it was not found when I did as instructed on the Java site.
I restarted & tried to reinstall again no luck. Restart again no luck. I have the download on my desktop.
The current folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_121
indicates the program is there but it does not show in control panel. Pic attached
???????? I have no idea what I should do.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Solved????
I did a search tried a few things and ended up back at the Java page. One item I saw was a Java uninstaller so I downloaded it and ran it. It seemed to have no effect. Finally I manually deleted the entire Java folder in Programs(x86) and reinstalled Ver8 121 again. Same error code. Shut down the browser searched again used the tips on the left I clicked on something about installing java and it ran like the verify java page and told me I have the correct version installed? I used my own link to the Verify Java page and it told me I have the right version!? https://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
There is no indication in the control panel programs and feature section showing that Java is installed. which is the normal place for it to show. There is a new Java folder in Programs(x86). I'm still concerned that something has gone off. Help please?

#5 ·
I just saw a unit where the Java Control Panel wasn't available from the computer's CP. I typed Java in the Start menu Search box and got Configure Java. Chose it and the Java CP appeared. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.