Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Java Applet refuses to run

This is a discussion on Java Applet refuses to run within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I am getting very frustrated because for some reason When I try to run a java applet on Firefox

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I am getting very frustrated because for some reason When I try to run a java applet on Firefox or chrome or IE it just freezes and it ends up going to not responding and I have to force shut my browser. I uploaded a screen shot of what I get when I try to click on control panel -> Java(32-bit). I need to figure this out because I need to start school in Jan. and I need to be able to run Java apps. Please help me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java over and over. I end up getting this problem when I go to java.com and click on do I have Java then it says something about a plug-in and do I allow it, when I click yes it starts to check then it stops and freezes.

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: chrome.exe
Application Version: 15.0.874.121
Application Timestamp: 4ec1cf8b
Hang Signature: c8e4
Hang Type: 32
Waiting on Application Name: chrome.exe
Waiting on Application Version: 15.0.874.121
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: c8e480b4c3058237f88bb2699592094a
Additional Hang Signature 2: 7b35
Additional Hang Signature 3: 7b351f85ca5b5516e00df35549988b02
Additional Hang Signature 4: c8e4
Additional Hang Signature 5: c8e480b4c3058237f88bb2699592094a
Additional Hang Signature 6: 7b35
Additional Hang Signature 7: 7b351f85ca5b5516e00df35549988b02

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please give me some Ideas of what to do. If you need any more information about my system please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Javaproblem.png
Views:	51
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	101836  

Old 12-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

You may find this link useful in enabling Java Applets How do I enable Java in my web browser? and clearing the Java cache may also help.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey my friend, I just tried what you said and still no luck. I cant run Java. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Those steps would normally have resolved the issue.

Which version are you running ?

Have a look at these versions Java SE Downloads and it's the JRE whichever you choose.

I'm using Win 7 64 bit with IE9 and for each version there are system requirements, but I think the site will auto detect if it's 32 or 64 bit.

Does your router have the facility to block Java Applets and if so, is this enabled ?

I'm a bit stuck for any other suggestions.

This is a shot of my Manage Add ons

Name:	Adons.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	101847

This is what I get when clicking on the Show button and selecting Run without permission

Perhaps you could compare these with yours ?

Name:	Adex.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	101850

Did you restart your browser afterwards for the changes to take effect ?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Registered Member

Everything seems to be the same. I am Thinking it has something to do with a windows problem. At first I checked to see if maybe there was any malware or virus that was causing it and I have malware pro and it found nothing. Again I did a full scan of my entire computer using NOD32 and again nothing was infected. So I am a bit lost. I checked to make sure that the files where there, the ones that I got in the error. So I see no reason why its not running. I really dont want to have to reinstall windows. seeing as it would take a while to reinstall everything.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

You could try running sfc /scannow as an Administrator from the cmd prompt to see if it reports any integrity violations.

Takes about 20 mins on my laptop.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
Registered Member

the results are as follows:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jen>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Users\Jen>

So now I am at another wall. This is a very frustrating problem. Please let me know if there is anything else we should try.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

Can you repost the shot of the error using a .jpeg file instead of .png as I'm unable to read it.

In your side profile your OS is showing as Win 64 bit but in your post, you refer to 32 bit.

Are you downloading the correct version Download Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.30 (64-bit) - FileHippo.com

Have you tried restoring Windows to an earlier time by Start > Computer > right click on Windows (C:) and select Restore previous versions.

Initially, go back as far as you can and then advance to the latest version if this resolves.

While this link refers to a different application, it resulted in the same error message that you have "AppHang XProcB1"

Click on the links in the aswer given and follow the MS steps which should ID what is causing the problem.

HOST PROCESS FOR WINDOWS SERVICES STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED - Microsoft Answers

I did come across one site where someone just right clicked the mouse when they got this error - don't know if that will work for you.

Can't think of anything else for now, let me know how you get on and if these step don't resolve it - will just have to try some more digging
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
Registered Member

The right click did not work. I am going to do the safe boot and see if Java is working. I will reply again when I try this out. I attached the picture you asked and the part I circled is what I clicked and then I got the error. I will be working on a solution as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	101869  
Old 12-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

Sorry, still can't read it.

Are you using Paint or the snipping tool, I find that Paint gives a clearer reprodution Ctrl+Alt+PRTSC then select Paint from the Accessories > Paste
Old 12-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

Just had another look at your screen shot and I'm able to see your circle now.

When using a 64 bit OS, you need to download the 64 bit version, this is my Progs & Features

Use the link in my previous post to download the correct version.

Your's clearly shows that you have downloaded the 32bit.

Name:	P&Gs.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	101870
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
TSF Enthusiast

Just adding another post to save from being timed out on my last one.

In my version of Win 7 64bit, there are two versions of IE, a 32bit and a 64bit.

Clicking on Start > All progs there should be two Internet Explorers listed, "Internet Explorer" on its own is the 32bit and the 64 bit is clearly marked.

To use the 64bit, you need to download Adobe Flash ver.11 otherwise there can be conflicts with some sites Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player

Looks like we could have cracked it
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
Registered Member

Sad to say it, but the problem is still there:/ I will type exactly what the error says, oh but one good thing, I have java 64 now:D so thats one problem down. but the error says,
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
-Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\..\lib\deploy.jar"
-Duser.home="C:\Users\Jen" com.sun.deploy.panel.ControlPanel
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
TSF Enthusiast

Looks like you are using ver.7

While ver.7 works for some, it's still in beta form and Java's official latest release is ver.6 Update 30

Uninstall ver.7 and click on this link Java SE Downloads scroll down the page to JRE 6 Update 30 (right column) and install that.

Don't forget the "Read Me" bits first.

I don't actually use Java but it's a requirement for some sites I visit.

EDIT.... Just found out how to read your error message box - clicked twice on it to magnify rather than Ctrl+mouse scroll wheel.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #15
TSF Enthusiast

Download and run the free version of this to uninstall it CCleaner - Download

In the program, click on Tools and highlight Java 7 from the program list then click on Run uninstaller. When that has completed, click on Registry > Scan for issues

It will produce a list which you can edit via the ticky boxes and among those, you will see the java 7 .exe files.

There may be other entries which will relate to previous programs you may have uninstalled which have left a residue and if you recognize any, then just leave the boxes ticked and click on Fix Issues. That will clear any java 7 residue (and any others) then go on to download Java 6 Update 30.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
Registered Member

I have ccleaner. and I used that to uninstall it before. so That did not work i even tried repairing the registry. Again Nothing. I did remember it saying something like missing MUI or GUI Something like that. tomorrow I will submit a screen shot of what I am talking about.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #17
TSF Enthusiast

Came across one fix where someone uninstalled Google Chrome and Java, cleaned out the residue, reinstalled Java then found it worked in IE.

Don't know how that could have caused a conflict.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #18
TSF Enthusiast

I now have problems with my own laptop and will be taking it tomorrow for repair before Christmas as it usually takes about a week.

Did you try the Windows "Restore previous versions" I suggested earlier and did you already try these steps before posting your original thread :-

Enable through Control Panel How do I enable Java through the Control Panel?

Enabling through browsers How do I enable Java in my web browser?

Wonder if this could be causing the problem How do I set or change the PATH system variable?

You've probably already done this for Chrome Java and Google Chrome Browser

Hopefully by the time I get back, your problem will be solved.

After you start school, you will have to get into the habit of making regular backups and creating system images, which could have resolved this problem without too much trouble.

Bye for now.