Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

ISO help with burning dvds with windows 7

This is a discussion on ISO help with burning dvds with windows 7 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I need help asap burning pictures to a dvd-r. I am using Windows 7 on a hp laptop. I keep

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

I need help asap burning pictures to a dvd-r. I am using Windows 7 on a hp laptop. I keep getting the error message that the dvd-r that I am trying to use is not supported by my system. Can someone please help me fix this so I can burn my pictures? Thank you...Wrenie

Old 03-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

OK, first has the DVD-R already have files burned on it? You can only use a DVD-R once, unless you chose to not close the session after burning. Next, what software are you using to burn the DVD? This may seem obvious, but do you have a DVD/RW drive?
Be sure you are using a blank DVD-R that is a name brand not a generic (Phillips, Sony, TDK etc) Try using the free program CDBurner XP and choose to make a Data Disc, and drop your photos into that.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for your help. My /dvd-R is new, no files on it. I was trying to use the
Windows Media Player to burn my pictures. I guess it is a DVD/RW drive as I have burned music onto cds before. I have never tried to burn a dvd. I am using a brand name disk (Memorex). I will try the program you suggested. Thanks again...Wrenie
Old 04-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Quote:
I guess it is a DVD/RW drive as I have burned music onto cds before. I have never tried to burn a dvd
If you have burned a CD, that doesn't mean you have a DVD/RW drive, it may mean you only have a CD/RW drive. To find out what type of drive you have. Go to Start/Computer, and it should say that it is a DVD/RW drive or just CD/RW.
Windows Media Player is used to burn Audio(Music) CD's and not Data DVD's (pictures) Try CDBurner XP
Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
Registered Member

I checked and I do have the DVD/RW I have downloaded the suggested cd burner and I will give this a try. Thank you...Wrenie