Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there any way to lower CPU usage..? ++

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Pink21 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm having a problem. I'm using Google Chrome and esp. when I'm on FB playing games etc. it's very slow, loading takes a while when I move my cursor around it takes a while to actually get to the place where I moved it, and the game skips a lot, another problem that I'm having is when I'm browsing the internet, all of my tabs pop out and go into new windows..without me doing anything! this happens every time, all the time! and I keep getting pop ups from Chrome saying my flash player is unresponsive..
Also, when I go to Task Manager, and under processes.. I have like 10 "chrome.exe" ..is that normal?
I don't know why I have so many..every time I open Google Chrome and look into processes there's always about 10 of them..more or less. and I only have one Google Chrome opened.

I heard that if CPU usage is high..it can cause these problems, things not loading/are slow/and are skipping/crashing.. etc..but I don't know for sure that CPU is the problem..it's hard to tell but I am having a lot of similar issues.

Is there anything I can do?

I tried other browsers but IE crashes on me nonstop and FF doesn't load at all..when I'm on FB it takes half an hour to load a game...

See less See more
#2 ·
UPDATE*** I just realized that my laptop's power plan was set to "power saver" from last time I disconnected it, and forgot to set it back..I always had it set to "balanced", but is it ok if I set it to "high performance"? or will that cause problems..?
So..everything seems to be running ok..my game anyway.

but still wondering about the 10 processes that Chrome has in task manager and..if there is a way to lower CPU possibly and how my tabs are always popping out of Chrome into new windows..
for now my game seems to be running smoothly..but will keep an eye on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.