Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Installing onto a SSD; do I need to format it in a special way?

This is a discussion on Installing onto a SSD; do I need to format it in a special way? within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've read somewhere that previous versions of windows format the disk in a way so that i/o is more efficient

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Gaming | Tech
Hardware Tech
Master Hatt Inspecteur

My System

I've read somewhere that previous versions of windows format the disk in a way so that i/o is more efficient with mechanical hard drives.

I'm wondering, if I'm going to be installing 7 onto a SSD, if I need to use any third party tools to format the partition properly, or the windows PE does that just fine.

Thanks

Old 03-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

You shouldn't need any special tools. Windows 7 should work as is with a SSD.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search