Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

I installed java but it doesnt work

This is a discussion on I installed java but it doesnt work within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, so heres the story. I tried running minecraft(a game) and i ge an error saying my JRE is non

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Ok, so heres the story. I tried running minecraft(a game) and i ge an error saying my JRE is non existent. I try uninstalling and reinstalling from the java site, it didnt work. I have all the administrator priveleges to my computer. I have vista(in case you didnt pick up).

So when i install java, i tested for it on the site. It says i dont have it.
i have tried going to internet options and enabling java, but there isnt even a java icon present. I also tried resetting the internet from internet options and no luck.
There is a java title in control panel but the icon is a paper with a red x.

I have also tried several resgistry cleaners and no luck, i have also manually went into my registry and deleted javasoft and tried reinstalling.
Also, any java wipers would be worth a try too.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, please help. I will not be on the forums until about 15 hours from now so please check back for responses then.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Run Windows System Restore - choose restore point prior to initial minecraft run -
START | type rstrui

Then try Java install again - Java Downloads for All Operating Systems

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

Old 01-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, unfortunately, I think Ive had tbis java problem for a while now. I'm on my ipod right now but tomoro, I'll try system restore to minecraft. Do you know some common applications that use java? Asking because I'm wondering if restore will help. Thanks for fast response!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

I don't know of apps that use java off-hand.

Try the restore - it can't hurt.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Ok, so im not even going to try the system restore before minecraft because minecraft doesnt download any data, it saves the file and then you run it. i have a new question, is it ok to delete anything not binary from my registry that has to do with java. The only binary code i found in my registry that has something to do with java says it enables it, so i dont want to delete that... any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi try javara to uninstall RaProducts

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, manually removing Java from the registry is a big job we did it in order to create a removal script unless you have a PHD in windows registry forget it. Now easiest is this free tool follow instructions here:-

My Java won't work on my laptop.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
Registered Member

thanks guys, i will try these out now.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
Registered Member

ok it seems like it worked properly but i just want to make sure, it said at one point, could not find JavaRa.def! be sure the definition file resides in the same directory file that JavaRa.exe is in. Does everybody get this message because i just downloaded JavaRa and ran it. I didnt extract any files, will try to reinstall java from that site listed in the post now.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Registered Member

hmm... i got error 1721 when i tried installing JDK, this is better than before but i will try installing it from the normal java site now. EDIT****************** still the same problem, i install java but java is not detected on my system... ; (. I also have the Java title in control panel but when i click on it, it says application not found. I will check back on this post in a bit but for now, im gonna be gone for about an hour. thanks for all the respones though, I got my first response on the first view, thats great.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #11
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi I found this but have never used it Answers.com - How do you stop the error 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file so consider carefully before doing anything

Old 01-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
thanks, i looked at it but i dont get that error message, here is the exact error message i get if it helps.

The registry refers to a non existent java runtime environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.

Acess is denied.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi this is more jenae's realm he may be able to suggest a way forward

Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
Hi this is more jenae's realm he may be able to suggest a way forward
ok, thank you for the suggestions.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #15
Registered Member

I noticed in My C:\ thing, i have numerous java folders and numerous java apps, probably all from reinstalling, when i try to click on the java app, my screen flashes black(looks like a command promt screen flash to me). When i try to delete a java folder, it says i do not have permission to delete this folder even though i have all the administrator rights with UAC turned off.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, in my post #7 there was a link and instructions how to run it did you do this?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenae View Post
Hi, in my post #7 there was a link and instructions how to run it did you do this?
yes, i followed the instructions and checked all boxes... it crashes when it checks what java i have because i have no java... I also hit the remove older versions button and it worked too. Right now... the only thing i can do is attempt to manually delete them... i had to get permission rights to all folders first but some Java things wont delete. I would post a screenshot of what i see when i search java but i cant post it here... I have 3 JRE's and they are all the same version in my folder. I cant delete them either. I know that deleting these probably wont help because there is so much in the registry but its worth a shot...
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi jenae would revo help here

Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #19
Registered Member

update: i read what happened in JavaRa and it said this, i have seen these in my registry, they are all Java plug ins... also, now whenever i try to install java i get error 2753... sorry for long post under but i wanted to make sure you saw all of it

There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0001-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0002-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0003-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0004-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0005-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0006-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0007-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0008-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0009-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0010-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0011-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0012-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0013-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0014-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0015-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0016-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0017-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0018-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0019-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0020-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0021-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
There was an error removing \Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0022-ABCDEFFDCBA}. The error returned was 124.
------------------------------------
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #20
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi either revo uninstaller or this may help |MG| Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 7.2 Download

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Closed Thread