Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

I can't install Microsoft Windows Imaging Component (32-bit) 1.0

This is a discussion on I can't install Microsoft Windows Imaging Component (32-bit) 1.0 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to install "wic_x86_enu.exe" and I keep getting this message pop-up "Setup could not find the update.inf file

Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am trying to install "wic_x86_enu.exe" and I keep getting this message pop-up "Setup could not find the update.inf file needed to update your system" and I've updated and re-installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4 but still not working, does anyone know what the problem could be? Help please thanks!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Where did you download this? Try here: Download Windows Imaging Component from Official Microsoft Download Center

spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

That's where I'm downloading it from.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help..xp bsod when i run virus scan.
Hi, this is Troy, i have windows xp with sp3 and i everytime i run a virus scan and have run multiple kinds from windows to maleware bytes...you name it. I get to a point in the scan where i get a blue screen and then computer shuts down. When i run it with out doing a scan the computer stays on....
sootherlol Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 02-18-2013 05:31 PM
happili.com virus
Hi, I wrote yesterday that believe i have the happili.com virus and cannot remove it. I was told to follow the pre-post instructions. However, I could not run dds.scr. It would open ans tell me to wait. It said the scan should not last more than 3 minutes. But it never ended and I could not close...
sharkfan12 Resolved HJT Threads 23 04-17-2012 12:38 PM
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 04:27 AM
WindowsDiagnostic please help remove
My computer just got the WindowsDiagnostic virus. From what I have read online you have to end the process. How do I do this though? When I push cntrl, alt, delete I dont have the task manager option for some reason. Also, none of my files are showing up either. Can someone please help?
ljastangs21 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 68 03-24-2011 06:39 PM