Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I accidentally deleted my Windows Network Diagnostics program

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jenae 
#1 ·
Hi, I had been having a lot of trouble connecting to the internet so I tried to uninstall and reinstall my wireless adapter and instead of uninstalling the adapter it uninstalled the windows network diagnostics support manager. Now when I click "diagnose and repair" it says it can't connect to microsoft.com I believe it is because I uninstalled the program.
Any idea where I can find it to reinstall? I checked HP and it has so many drivers with the name "network diagnostics" but they all have different purposes and I don't know which one I need.
Please help!

#3 ·
Hi, welcome to the forums, as far as I know you cannot uninstall NDF (network diagnostic framework) it is integrated into the OS, if you have managed this you are way beyond my level of expertise, and I would love you to explain how. Now most likely there is a Dependant service that has been disabled. NDF does not require a working internet connection to run (it is designed to diagnose and repair connections) So a reboot would be the first thing to try.. let us know how you get on and maybe a bit more about your system and what sort of connection problems you are having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.