Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HPpavillion

SOLVED 
848 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
My sound has changed :sad:. I have "no voices" in my music it faded away- after i shoved the loudness control lever up momentarily.I removed the pc side cover ,and can't see any sound card .All i see is a little square shiney box that leads to the remote speaker wires, above. What happens if theres no "sound card"- just this small box that goes to the speakers? i'm lost on this one .Also tried new speakers from staples .but they sound the same. What else can i seek to repair this pc....thank you, for any spare time you have. bob s
ps the loudness must have had a problem?The guitars sound good, just not the singers

#2 ·
What is the model # of your HP Pavilion computer?
newer computers have the sound chip built into the motherboard, there is no card. Newer desktop computers have built in speakers, no need for external speakers for normal computer playback sound. If you want higher quality, then you can get a high end sound card and surround sound speakers.
You may only be getting one side of the stereo.
Go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds/Playback. Highlight speakers and choose Configure, then Test.
Please take screenshots of the areas you are describing. and attach them in your next post.

#4 ·
Spunk funk Got it fixed got it rollin !!thank you tech forum and spunk funk. The speakers i shut them down,, repoened them- then restarted my pc Alls well that ends well. How they got shut off still bothers me.The sound was muffled - after it went bad, NOW they are clear as a bell. lets hope it holds bob s

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.