Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

HP Pavillion zd8000 Graphics Card Error

This is a discussion on HP Pavillion zd8000 Graphics Card Error within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently got a HP Pavillion zd8000 which had Windows XP installed on it. I installed windows 7 on it

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

I recently got a HP Pavillion zd8000 which had Windows XP installed on it.

I installed windows 7 on it and had the graphics card problems where the screen wouldnt display anything.

I followed the directions for MObility Modder and the laptop worked fine.

Then a couple days ago, it would start up, show the login screen for about 5 seconds, then black out. i would hear the windows login noise but nothing would happen.

i experimented with it and found if i disconnected all power from the computer for about 10 seconds, then recconected it and started it up it would work

this is very annoying because i cant put the computer in sleep and would like to have it fixed

Old 04-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Whenever I get any unexplained problems I normally try a power shutdown then go to the AMD site (for mine) and download the chipset drivers.

Don't know if a similar procedure would work for you (?)

Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Going to the HP site there are only drivers there for XP so I would bet this hardware really is not compatible with Windows 7 and I doubt you will permanently solve the problems because of that. You really need chipset driver and video driver at least to be sure.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Always make sure your system is compatible with the software before installing it.

Windows 7 or Microsoft offers Windows 7 Advisory to insure a system is worthy of Windows 7.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Run the freebie version of this driver prog. SlimDrivers DriverUpdate - Update Drivers for Windows 7, XP, and Vista (left download button for the freebie) and it should find the relevant drivers if any require updating, but create a restore point first.