Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

HP Pavilion g6 will not turn on

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion g6 will not turn on within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. First I was having trouble getting to the login screen. It recommended a windows restore or start normally. I choose

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

First I was having trouble getting to the login screen. It recommended a windows restore or start normally. I choose restore and it locks up on the screen where the users should be, but the page is blank. I tried entering DOS and apparently that did not work either. I turned it off with the power button and now nothing. If I hold the power button you can see a momentary flash, but still nothing. Any suggestions?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Remove the battery and run the laptop on the power adapter. If that works, the battery needs to be replaced. If not, there is another hardware issue.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Registered Member

Try when you've removed the battery, to hold the power button in for 10 seconds ( dont plug the adapter in yet). Replace the battery and try again. if that doesnt work try it with the adapter.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with simple Java game
Hello TSF, I've been learning Java recently, and I've been developing a small game that I've been having some problems with now that I'm in beta. It's mostly for me to test my skills, and I really didn't want to have to ask for help, but I can't figure this out for the life of me. So the way the...
Crockeo Programming 11 10-10-2012 06:06 PM
[SOLVED] Beat HP Pavilion V6500 Turning Off/On Constantly
Okay, so here's the situation. I did a bunch of work for a neighbor for free. I saw a device she had and recommended she just pass it on my way since it was worthless to her and to be courteous since I did work on a few computers for her. Here's the problem with it. It's completely smashed up....
shewillnotdie Laptop Support 24 02-03-2012 07:48 AM
Network adapter struggles (turns off randomly, doesn't turn back on)
Hey guys, been having this problem since Vista. I am now on Windows 7. I've had this adapter for about three years and it's been happening for most of it, as far as my recollection goes. Not sure if it's my card or whatever, but here's the rundown. I've got this desktop that uses a USB network...
darksteel88 Other Hardware Support 5 07-21-2011 06:06 PM
Random BSOD
Hello, I am having some issues with BSOD. I have a viewer but every time I crash it seams as if there is something different causing the problem. I'm not really sure what I am looking at so I have attached the zipped folder that was created. Please take a look and tell me what I should be looking...
brentm BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 05-24-2011 03:58 AM