Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP note book no image after logo

1K views 22 replies 3 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
Hello there, my friend has a HP G62 Notebook with a image problem. After the windows logo there is no image, it's like the actual monitor just turned off... He had this problem already 2 months back which i fixed by formatting the pc, reinstalling the graphics card driver (Ati mobility radeon HD 5470) with the CCC (Catalyst Control Center), and it actually fixed the problem, the card was slower than before but it fixed the problem and thats what mattered.
The problem is back again now, and i already tried everything and it just doesnt work. I tried tons of things and i cant fix this issue... Everytime i try to install the drivers with Catalyst it says:
Application Install: install package failure
I already got tons of different errors which i dont remember...
I aready have no idea what to do, even tried upadting the bios, Hope you have some ideas.
DxDiag https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6GEyEaliBqkX3hELW8zZVVhNGs/edit?usp=drive_web

#4 ·
The only drivers you should use are the HP ones as many laptop makers modify drivers to work with their hardware.Have you tried hooking it up to an external monitor to see if you can get to your desktop,once there you could try reinstalling the HP driver or even try a system restore to a time when it was working.

#10 ·
How did you reinstall the OS, by using the HP recovery partition or from a Win 7 OEM disk?

The current install is for a Lenovo OEM system not a HP system, while that is probably not the root cause of the issue it pretty much makes it a pirated installation.
Most pirated copies have more back doors for malware then there are people in china.

What you have is dual graphics Intel and ATI, install the HP Intel driver first then the HP ATI driver.

#14 ·
From the user guide Manuals for HP G62-100 Notebook PC series - HP Support Center

Recovering from the dedicated recover
y partition (select models only)
NOTE:
Computers with an SSD may not have a recovery partition. If the computer does not have a
recovery partition, you will not be
able to recover using this pr
ocedure. Recovery discs have been
included for computers that do not
have a partition. Use these discs
to recover your operating system
and software.
On some models, you can perform a recovery from th
e partition on the hard drive, accessed by pressing
either the Start button or
f11
. This restores the computer to its factory condition.
To restore the system from the partition, follow these steps:
Access Recovery Manager in either of the following ways:

Select
Start
>
All Programs
>
Recovery Manager
>
Recovery Manager
– or –

Turn on or restart the computer, and then press
esc
while the “Press the ESC key for Startup
Menu” message is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Then press
f11
while the “Press
<F11> for recovery” message is displayed on the screen.
Click
System Recovery
in the
Recovery Manager
window.
Follow the on-screen instructions.

#18 ·
Dual graphics often use OEM modified drivers, Windows update has been known to install the wrong ones and create a problem with them.

Bottom line is we don't provide help on pirated OS's, the notebook most likely has some hardware problems but using a modified pirated copy of Windows isn't helping the situation and may be part of the problem.

Get the correct OS installed that's licensed for this PC and we can then help you further.

#22 ·
Dual graphics often use OEM modified drivers, Windows update has been known to install the wrong ones and create a problem with them.

Bottom line is we don't provide help on pirated OS's, the notebook most likely has some hardware problems but using a modified pirated copy of Windows isn't helping the situation and may be part of the problem.

Get the correct OS installed that's licensed for this PC and we can then help you further.

That's not a valid excuse to use a non-genuine license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.