Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP 2000-2b89WM Notebook Driver Compatibility Issues

7K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Victoly 
#1 ·
Alrighty! Here goes!

I've been searching online for five hours looking for fixes for this. I recently replaced the Windows 8 on this Notebook with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition because, simply put, I bloody hate Windows 8.

This has become problematic for me because it appears that there are no compatible drivers that pair Windows 7 and this device's hardware.

I posted in Yahoo Answers about an hour and ten minutes ago and I'm incredibly frustrated with the results (go figure). A link to that question, in case I forget any information I mentioned there: Downgrading to Windows 7 with HP 2000-2b89WM Notebook? - Yahoo! Answers

The product information page for the HP 2000-2b89WM Notebook is located here: HP 2000-2b89WM Notebook PC Product Specifications HP 2000-2b89WM Notebook PC | HP® Support

I have several drivers that are "Out of date." The main one that I'm worried about is the Graphics/Display driver. On the HP website, the device is listed as: Intel HD graphics 3000 with up to 1696MB total graphics memory.

I've tried installing the Windows 8 drivers (which do nothing) and I have also tried updating my drivers through Windows Update. I've also visited HP's driver site, Intel's, and even NVidia, I believe, all to no avail.

I'm hoping that an informed someone can tell me whether or not there are drivers for my graphics chip, and if there are, where I can find them and how I can install them in working order.

Thank you so much for any help! I realize that this is my first post on this forum and that I should have some contributions before making such a request, but I'm really out of options here. I don't want to go back to Windows 8.

If you require more information, please let me know and I will do my best to provide it.

Ah, and before someone tells me to convert to Linux... I use Windows only because I like my video games and my .exe files, and I'm used to Windows.

Thanks again for your understanding and assistance.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.