Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

How to enable the WLAN

This is a discussion on How to enable the WLAN within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I really hope someone might be able to help me. My HP pavilion dv2500 crapped out on me so

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I really hope someone might be able to help me. My HP pavilion dv2500 crapped out on me so I had the motherboard replaced. I found supplier in China who got it to me and service here in Hungary. After waiting 1 month to get my laptop back I was in a bit of a rush to get back to work and the WLAN/bluetooth was apparently no working as I left the shop. Thinking I might be able to find the correct driver myself I went back to the office and when I started up the WLAN was actually working...YEAH!

Last week I restarted my laptop, which I now realize, was the first time since leaving the service center 3 weeks ago and they WLAN/BT has stopped working. I have tried several different drivers, all to no luck, and read tons of forum postings, still nothing.

The HP Wireless Assistant says the WLAN/BT are not enabled. I am using Vista. There is no option in the BIOS to turn it on (PhoenixBios). The serial of the laptop is GN169AV Pavillion. Is there anyone who might be able to clue me in so I don't need to wait an additional 3 days at the shop?

Thanks for whatever help.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

hello Tesserac

see if this helps you at all. http://www.wlanbook.com/disable-wireless-windows-vista/

good luck

Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Confused

Thanks Kenny11111 but still there is no way to enable the WLAN/BT from where those instructions sent me
Old 07-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

hey

have you gone to control panel (classic view) bluetooth devices, add a wireless device ??

if nothing in the box ,on bottom of that page theres a link (what should i do if)?
see if that helps.

have you tried uninstalling the device via device manager then reboot let windows reinstall?

have you tried. start > connect to. whats in the box?? if its your router. right click it. choose properties. choose connection tab. choose connect automatically .

keep trying!!!

**edit** if your router is not in the box. choose set up a connection or network. choose manually set up > next fill in info. tick box to auto connect.

hope some of this helps
Old 07-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
Registered Member

Kenny11111, thanks ever so much. I uninstalled the device, rebooted, installed the other WLAN driver (broadcom) and then I was able to turn it on and enable...Woo, fricking, hoo. You saved me a couple of hours going back to the shop. You ever make it to Budapest Hungary, there's a cold beer waiting for you.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:33 AM   #6
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Since mobo replaced, be sure to activate & validate the installation with Microsoft -

www.microsoft.com/genuine

`

Closed Thread