Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

how to check computer cache memory in windows 7

This is a discussion on how to check computer cache memory in windows 7 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, In my windows 7, I tried to find cache memory in system information but I could not find there.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

In my windows 7, I tried to find cache memory in system information but I could not find there. I wonder then how to find it.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Are you speaking of Internet Cache? You can delete your temporary internet files (cache) in IE by going to Tools/Internet Options/Browsing History/Delete. Other then that RAM cache is refreshed after each reboot of the computer.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, I assume you refer to large cache available in XP under sysdm.cpl, not so in Vista Seven. It was removed since memory management is different in Vista and Seven and available for Server use only.. so what are you trying to achieve there is Programs and Background services, the latter being a popular mod for gamers.

It also exists in the registry as "Large System Cache" value data 0 by default.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonforall View Post
Hi,

In my windows 7, I tried to find cache memory in system information but I could not find there. I wonder then how to find it.
If you're referring to Virtual Memory: Control Panel>System & Maintenance>Performance Information and Tools>Advanced Tools (left side)>Adjust the Performance and Appearance of Windows>Performance Options>Advanced>Change. You've arrived at the VM dialog box. Good luck!

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread