Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How fix Error 126 manually.

SOLVED 
3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. I need your help. My computer is Dell Optiplex 780, OS Win 7 64 bit. I have to install SpyderPro, Color Correct your Monitor from Pantone ColorVision. This old device worked excellent for me for more than 10 years with windows XP, Vista and now I try to install on Win 7. Company never releaced any update for this device, they only develop new devices. I am retired now and can’t spend $200 to buy a new one. So, I installed software from CD with no any problem, connect sensor to USB input and received message: ” Error 2(Spyder USB.cpp 126 the system cannot find the file specified”. I searched internet for this error and found answers: In windows get lost or corrupted some Dll file. Each site sagest download special software which cost money. I don’t trust these sites, there are hundreds of them and result is unpredictable and most of it have virus.
Is it possible to fix this error manually?
Any advice will be deeply appreciated.
Val852

#2 ·
Have you checked there website for updates?

You may also need to contact them concerning the error to find out the exact cause. Based strictly on the error, it would appear a (USB) file is missing. The question is whether that is a file supplied by the software or the OS. And if it's an OS supplied file, it's possible the file doesn't exist (or exist in that location) within Win7 (since it's not supported in that OS).

#3 ·
Thanks Jime. I have comp: Dell E520 with 2 HDD OS Vista 32 bit original HDD and recently install second HDD OS Win 7 32 bit. I bought this comp it in 2007. It’s old. Before this time I use Dell2400, Dell 3000 with OS XPpro. This Optical 3.7 ColorVision suits me excellent. Last year when I try recalibrating monitor I get this error and not being able use it any more with OS Vista. To clean-up HDD OS Vista I use Ccleaner, AVG free, SuperaUtispywer free, Malwarebytes free, and last year install IObit Advanced system Care. IObit I use 3-4 times last year and it fined tons of problems. I think it delete some files important for windows. I run “Admin cmd, sfc /scannow, and did not find any integrity violations. When I try to recalibrate monitor OS Vista I gat massage: “Sorry, but an error occurred while reading the preferences file, Error 5 (preferencesFile,cpp 436) Access is denied”. But on the second new HDD OS Win 7 32 bit it works well. How to fix these errors I have no any idea. No any update available.

#4 ·
Again, only the software maker will know the exact meaning of the error.

If the software is working with one computer and not another (and both have the same OS), then there is an issue (with the OS/registry) on the computer which isn't working. If you have the OS install media or in the case of an OEM computer like Dell, the Recovery media, you may be best served simply reverting back to default/reinstalling the OS.

On a side note, we NEVER recommend using software "optimizers" like IOBit Advanced System Care. They often create more problems than they fix.

#5 ·
Ok! Thanks Jime for respond. It’s the one computer with 2 HDD. Old one OS Vista 32bit and new one is 1TB Os Win 7 32bit. It works well with Win 7, but old HDD OS Vista I definitely damaged with IObit Advanced system Care. Before this software it was working fine.
Now, I have Registry backup for all previous years, and if I restore registry to 2014 or 2013 it could help or not? It’s easier then 170 GB I have to transfer to external HDD, do default or reinstall OS and return all data and reinstall programs…. It’s a big disaster. If I get involved in this, I stay away from Microsoft! I will switch to Linux.

#6 ·
As JImE said, We do not suggest using Registry Cleaners or Optimizers like I/O Bit Advanced System Care. They tend to make more problems then they fix.
I/O Bit removed files important to the program. This is not Windows fault. I also don't think your software would be supported in Linux.
The easiest fix is to uninstall the software program, restart the computer and reinstall it. You can download the latest driver directly from the manufacturer: Spyder4 Driver Installer - Powered by Kayako fusion Help Desk Software

#7 ·
Thanks Spunk. I delete all IObit software with “Revo uninstoller”and registry entry completely!
Restore registry to previous years could help me fix this problem with “Pantone Optical” sensor or waste of time?
Switch to Linux on this HDD it the last resort. The last versions of Linux are very attractive.

#8 ·
It depends how old the Registry Backup is, but it may solve the problem with the Pantone software. Did you try downloading the driver from link in post #6 first?
before you switch to Linux, find out if there is an installer for Pantone in Linux, I would think not. You can create a Ubuntu Live CD and Try Ubuntu to see if you like it.

#9 · (Edited)
Hello Spunk! I tried Datacolor Spyder4 Driver. It’s does not work with Pantone Colorvision. Datacolor Company founded in 1970 develops dedicated modifications of sensors with dedicated software (drivers). Pantone company started in 1963 and was acquired by X-Rite Inc in 2007. The sensors look close to each other but drivers are different.
Now, after several times reload driver and different attempt to select driver finally my spyder was recognized with option “MC7 USB” in selection box and software have to Ran as administrator. I provide monitor calibration and it now fine. So, I can live with it.
With Win7 64 bit it does not working at all.
Thank you guys for your advices and Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.