Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

how do i disable creating a new user account & password in windows 7 (answer pls)

This is a discussion on how do i disable creating a new user account & password in windows 7 (answer pls) within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. In windows 7 how do i disable creating a new user account and password what should i stop/remove/disable...services or what???

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

In windows 7 how do i disable creating a new user account and password
what should i stop/remove/disable...services or what???
give me an instructions pls

the reason im doing this cause my little bro keep creating an account, then my windows settings are screwed up and files are moved

Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Create a password for your account and lock the desktop when you're not using it. If he doesn't have access to Windows he can't change anything.

If he needs access to the system, create a limited account for him. This type of account won't be able to create new accounts.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPC View Post
Create a password for your account and lock the desktop when you're not using it. If he doesn't have access to Windows he can't change anything.

If he needs access to the system, create a limited account for him. This type of account won't be able to create new accounts.
is there any way cause im lazy enough to logon everytime i turn on my pc
like editing registry,stoping services like that...

just to disable that action in control panel.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

If you create a limited account for him he will not be able to do system wide changes to the system, including opening the Registry Editor, installing and uninstalling programs, installing hardware and other system wide changes. As mentioned by JMPC create a password for your account lock the Desktop by pressing the Windows key (Windows logo key) and the L button. This will lock the terminal (Computer) so no one but you will have access to it until the correct password is entered. Hint create a strong password using random letters and numbers. Do not use birthday dates, names, and anything he could guess. store the password in a safe place where he can't find it.

To setup a limited account go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Another Account>Create a user Account Type in the name you want to use make sure you select "Standard Account" Click create or OK.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsworldpinoy View Post
is there any way cause im lazy enough to logon everytime i turn on my pc
like editing registry,stoping services like that...

just to disable that action in control panel.
It takes 5-10 seconds to type a password and is the only way to keep people off of your computer.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Exactly

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Closed Thread