Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Vista updates have eaten all the laptop disk space! Help!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  IT-Barry 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I also have a Vista laptop, which I previously only used without Internet access. So all was fine - until recently when I set up Internet on it and it started downloading all these Microsoft Vista updates automatically.

Being quite used to XP updates and never having had issues with it, I never suspected Vista updates would have problems. But they did. The laptop suddenly started telling me I had no disk space left! I have usually saved work to USB from the laptop and have only got essential programs installed - so why no disk space?!

Out of 37.1 GB of space, I have now only got a shocking 1.46 GB left on Drive C! That's also after transferring what little work I have in the laptop to drive Data (E) and deleting previous Restore Points in an attempt to reclaim some space. On top of this, the Vista laptop tells me cheekily that I still have even more updates to install and hasn't been able to do so because of lack of disk space!

Now that these updates have plundered all my disk space and still asking to plunder more, what can I do to get my space back?

Currently I have turned off the automatic update feature so it doesn't keep downloading the updates and installing them automatically. I'm tempted to remove all the updates it has done so far to get the space back - don't know what else to do?

Any ideas? Or even any fellow sufferers?

(If this helps to help me - just adding that the laptop is Toshiba, 1014MB Memory (RAM), 32-bit Operating System). Thanks...

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.