Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Please! Playing games and my computer crashed to a blue screen!

SOLVED 
1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  traluvsfrogss 
#1 ·
Hi, Let me start by letting you know, I am basically in Pre-K when it comes to computers. :cry: I don't know the lingo or anything about them, so I hope someone with patience can help me.
......Last night, I was playing one of my hidden object games on Big Fish, just like I always do, but this time the screen turned blue, said something about crashing, and then went to the black screen that said safe mode, etc. Today, I have been doing some of my paperwork in Word and I haven't had any issues, but I'm scared to play any games because I'm afraid I'm going to really screw this computer up. Can someone please help me figure out why it's starting to crash when I play games? Thank you bunches!

My computer: HP Intel Core i5-2410 M CPU @ 2.30GHz; RAM 4.00GB; 64 bit operating system; Windows 7 Professional; Service Pack

#3 · (Edited)
You did not report if you plug your monitor into a separate video card lower in the case, or are using the onboard Blue VGA port?
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, Expand Display.
If using a video card, what is the make and model#? Have you tried updating your display driver?

#5 ·
So this is a laptop? you didn't mention that.
Laptops have built in Video and do not use a separate video card.
Yes, if a laptop overheats, it will cause a game to crash. Keep the bottom well ventilated with a Laptop Cooling pad,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.