Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help pleas i screwed up big time

8K views 98 replies 13 participants last post by  hogbreath 
#1 ·
First of i have learned now not to mess with my pc ever again because i dont know much and i think i ruined it. I have been on it all day, any help would be greatly apreciated.

So i had the stipid idea to use ccleaner to clean my registry. Didnt even back up my registry. Now when my pc start after sometime or when starting something like windows update, explorer.exe crushes or something. All windows are not responing and taskbar is frozen. Crtl alt delete does not work.

What i have tried:

1) boot from cd command prompt to copy the auto registry back up.

2) tried sfc.exe but it never ends before the problem shows up.

3) i tried system restore bt the only available point is after the clean :/ when i check show more nothing happens

Please any ideas throw them out ill try them. need to avoid formatting

#2 ·
We always tell people here that CCleaner is a good program for removing Temp files, but never do the Registry Cleaner part. If you ignore our warnings and still do, always backup the registry first.
Restart computer and press F8 repeatedly. In the Advanced Boot menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
In Safe Mode, go to Start/Search and type CMD, right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type
SFC /scannow and press enter. This should replace any missing system files. When done, restart in Normal mode.

#3 ·
Thanks so much for the tips. I will be running things more methodicly now.

I have run in another prob. When i start safe mode it loads drivers amd when it reaches classpnp.sys and stucks on please wait.... its been 15 min. Should i just leave it untill it respawns?

#7 ·
Hello super-awesome ppl trying to help me <3

So i got some news.
I managed to complete the sfc scan ( in normal mode) and i got the following results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc.exe /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\system32>

I can post the log but its ridiculously long. How can i post it to not be an issue?

PS?/

After the sfc everything is kinda smoother.

Chrome takes some time to load pages also is not responsive every time i open a tab. Also most things take a while to start.

Any ideas at all would be great :)

@Corday
No such file in my documents :(

#8 ·
Open CMD as administrator and copy/paste the command line below:

Code:
FINDSTR /C:"[SR]" %WINDIR%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFCResults.txt
A text file called SFCResults will be created on the desktop. Attach it or paste its contents in your next reply.

#9 ·
Quote: A text file called SFCResults will be created on the desktop. Attach it or paste its contents in your next reply.[/QUOTE]

Please zip it up first.

#16 ·
Honestly, when I read the title I thought you messed up with the internal components, but when I saw that the ccleaner registry screwed up your pc.. I was pretty shocked, I've been using this feature for years and haven't had once a problem, it's good that, as someone above mentioned, you admit to your own mistakes which is basically half the battle.

#18 ·
As outlined in Post #10, first download and Run SFCFix.exe.
Then run a Command Prompt as Admin as you previously did, also outlined in Post #15, and run SFC /scannow again.
After that, If it still says there are Corrupted files it cannot fix, then run the command in the Quote below. If the corrupted files are fixed, you do not have to do this next step.
DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RestoreHealth and press enter.

#20 ·
Ok heres un update.

Sfc scan ended with errors so i tried the command you mentioned above and got this :Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7601.18489

Error: 87

The restorehealth option is not recognized in this context.
For more information, refer to the help.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

#21 ·
Code:
2016-05-06 13:25:18, Info                  CSI    000004c5 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2016-05-06 13:25:19, Info                  CSI    000004c6 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"inetcomm.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-Comm-DLL, Version = 6.1.7601.17609, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
2016-05-06 13:25:43, Info                  CSI    000004ce [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"inetcomm.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Mail-Comm-DLL, Version = 6.1.7601.17609, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
2016-05-06 13:25:43, Info                  CSI    000004cf [SR] This component was referenced by [l:154{77}]"Package_2_for_KB2544893~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.2544893-4_neutral_GDR"
2016-05-06 13:25:43, Info                  CSI    000004d0 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:24{12}]"inetcomm.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

--------

CORRUPT: C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-mail-comm-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17609_none_7bc86799b6c21d5d\inetcomm.dll

CBS & SFC total detected corruption count:     1
   CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count:  0
   CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count:        0
   SURT total detected corruption count:          0
   SURT total unimportant corruption count:       0
   SURT total fixed corruption count:             0
Error: 87

The restorehealth option is not recognized in this context.
For more information, refer to the help.
The DISM /ScanHealth, /CheckHealth, and /RestoreHealth arguments can only be used when servicing Windows® 8 or Windows Server® 2012 images. (source:https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx)

It seems the RestoreHealth option is not supported on Windows 7 and earlier versions.

I'm not sure if I'm correctly interpreting those results, but it appears the inetcomm.dll file is missing from the syswow64 folder and it cannot be restored because the source in the store is also corrupt. The file is referenced by an important security update https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2544893. Removing and re-installing this update could restore the missing and replace the corrupt files.

Click on Start, type view installed updates and press Enter. The Installed Updates window will open. In the search box at the top-right corner of the window, type KB2544893. Select the update if its found (it should be) and click uninstall. Reboot and run sfc /scannow. Post the results.

Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26440 to download the update for Windows 7 and install it. Reboot and run sfc /scannow again. Post the results.

#22 ·
#23 ·
Yes, DISM is available in Windows 7, but it doesn't have to be run in PowerShell. It's fully functional if run in CMD as well.

DISM Supported Platforms

Updated: April 25, 2014
Applies To: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) works on Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server® 2012, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 images. However, the full functionality is available only when you are servicing a Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 image.
However, TechNet references do not specify which functions are supported in certain platforms and NOT supported in others.

/ScanHealth, /CheckHealth, and /RestoreHealth arguments can only be used when servicing Windows® 8 or Windows Server® 2012 images.

loukas22, kindly run the following command-line and post the output:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /?

#24 ·
Sure i will but i am still at the previous step.
It takes sometime to do things sec.

So i unistalled the update and now im doing the scan. When it is done should i download the update or proceed with the DISM command?

PS:
1 more thing i noticed. WHen the pc boots and reaches desktop i have to leave it idle for 15-20 minutes to work ok. If i dont the explorer.exe goes nuts

#25 ·
Explorer down again (scan probably going).
What happened was even though my modem is sychronized i couldnt load pages. On the bottom right the network was still loading. I opened network and sharing and it was unresponsive from the start. Then explorer died. Im gonna leave i there untill it respawns. It usually does

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.