Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

hard disk fills up himself

This is a discussion on hard disk fills up himself within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Guys, I use Windows7 Ultimate and the problem is that the b Drive keeps filling up for no reason. I

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Guys,
I use Windows7 Ultimate and the problem is that the b Drive keeps filling up for no reason.
I have formatted the drive but still to no avail.

i have 100 GB in this drive and it almost full, 99GB are full. i really use only 27 GB for window and programs. I don't know what the other 75 GB full of.
I have done disk defragment, cleaning temp files every now and then but still to no avail.

Even the System restore is off.

please please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	37
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	107246  

Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF please try this to see what is hogging the space JAM Software - Windows Freeware

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

OK I solved the problem it was hidden temp files
I deleted them with the program TreeSize Free
tnx all for help
Old 03-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

The JDisk report shows a 26.9GB all in B:\ Drive but your B: drive in Computer shows 97.6 GB and is full?
Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc Right click the diskmgmt.msc icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. Take a screen shot of Disk Management and attach it in your next post.
To Second what Joe said you can use Tree Size to view the files on that drive.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

The problem is. The system uses bytes every second by it's self other, it could be a virus try Kaspersky anti-virus 2012 and right click B:/ and run a full scan
Old 05-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

and welcome to the Forum

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

Closed Thread