Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Google Chrome no longer supported?

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  wolfen1086 
#1 ·
I have an old 2005 E machine T5082 running Windows Vista Google Chrome is no longer supported with Vista ? FF is Lunascape is, opera is, IE9 is, why is google trying to force me to get a new operating system? or are they even trying to do that?

For what I do I could really run XP SP3 if I wanted to, but vista is just too easey

#4 ·
Chrome has not been updated for Windows Vista for almost a year now.

https://chrome.googleblog.com/2015/11/updates-to-chrome-platform-support.html

Not everybody can afford a new computer or a new operating system that wont run on the oine we already have even when MS says it would

Windows Vista is also no longer supported and it is advised to upgrade to Windows 7, 8, or 10.
Hi, well MS has stopped supporting XP & vista, so Chrome has done the right thing, since any chrome updates would be voided by the non-MS upgrade, effectively making then useless, same applies to other browsers.

I still have XP and Vista and both still run chrome, provided you have a good AV and firewall I believe they are relatively safe. You can append -disable-infobars to the target line in your chrome shortcut, this removes the non supported message(right click properties) the target ends in chrome.exe" hit the space bar then add the appended entry.(-disable-infobars)
How do you get that annoying yellow banner that tells you its not supported and advises you to get a better computer?

#3 ·
Hi, well MS has stopped supporting XP & vista, so Chrome has done the right thing, since any chrome updates would be voided by the non-MS upgrade, effectively making then useless, same applies to other browsers.

I still have XP and Vista and both still run chrome, provided you have a good AV and firewall I believe they are relatively safe. You can append -disable-infobars to the target line in your chrome shortcut, this removes the non supported message(right click properties) the target ends in chrome.exe" hit the space bar then add the appended entry.(-disable-infobars)

#8 ·
Hi, you have missed the point, it makes no difference what browser you use once MS stop supporting the OS no browser is going to be secure all of them piggy back on the OS, chrome being run by more tech savy people know this and would not BS to their users by pretending they are secure.. it simply isn't true.

I posted already how to remove the unsupported nag screen

You can append -disable-infobars to the target line in your chrome shortcut, this removes the non supported message(right click properties) the target ends in chrome.exe" hit the space bar then add the appended entry.(-disable-infobars)

#14 ·
All OSs including 10 have been feeling the "allocation" of updates. It used to be most users "benefited" by auto updates on Patch Tuesday or Wed. at the latest. Now they're dolled out according to a mysterious formula and those of us that prefer to do it manually are sometimes stymied even though the Updates have been released. If you want a Vista update, you just have to be persistent even though it's frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.