Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Forgot Windows Live ID

This is a discussion on Forgot Windows Live ID within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Right, what would seem to be a simple issue seems to have no solution. I recently bought a copy of

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Right, what would seem to be a simple issue seems to have no solution. I recently bought a copy of Bulletstorm and installed it fine. I'd saved my Windows Live ID to log in automatically for another game so I didn't need to enter any info when installing.

I upgraded to Win7 last week and all went fine until I re-installed the game. Enter Windows Live ID, it said. I tried all the different e-mail accounts I use and all passwords. No joy.

I must have created a Windows Live ID just for games that require it to work and forgot what it was. I can't use the password recover link as I don't remember which e-mail address I used to sign in.

I've been all through the Windows Live solution centre and finally managed to find a link to e-mail support. The reply I got told me to do exactly what I'd been trying for ages and, if not, post in their forums.

There are a bunch of other topics in the forum with exactly the same issue and the responses are all to contact a member of the support team! De ja vu, anyone?

Basically, this labyrinthine support system has been no help and I'm on the verge of using the disk as a coaster and boycotting anything that needs a Windows Live ID in future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Just create a new Windows Live ID account.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Thanks, Pip. I did that already and, although it worked for other games, when I launch Bulletstorm it asks for the Windows Live ID I used when I first installed it. It would appear that the game code has locked itself to this ID.

I have been back and forth with Live help and I keep being asked to enter the Live ID I am trying to recover. If I knew this, I wouldn't need help!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

just try all your email accounts to find which one you used otherwise you will have to contact hotmail - no other choice. Only they can verify you are the real owner of the account.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Thread being closed due to our rules:

ASSISTANCE WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES
We will not provide any user with information about the location of websites that assist with the following activities

* software pirating
* hacking
* password cracking
* keystroke recording software

We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Create new ID or contact - Windows Live Hotmail Help Center

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

Closed Thread