Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fix .exe issue but cannot access regedit.exe

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mhr 
#1 ·
My OS is:
windows 7 Prof. SP1 64 bit.

My problem is seemingly that file associations has been corrupted, including .exe files.
When I logged in as administrator and finally figure out how to open the command prompt and type regedit.exe Windows throws an error (in danish...) about "no support for this interphase ("grænseflade") " (see fig1.png attached).
As can be seen I also tried to type "assoc .exe=exefile" and "got permission denied".
How can I fix this ? How can I open regedit ?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi, well you would need an elevated cmd prompt to run the cmd and it is:- assoc.exe=exefile , it would not however work, as you need a reg modification, probably best if you left the "tweaking" alone, windows will never run any better then the day you bought it.

Run the attached .zip file it will return a .reg file (Default_EXE.reg) double click on this and agree to merge into registry, this is perfectly safe, has been used millions of times and returns .exe to defaults, after this restart computer.

View attachment 7Exe (6).zip

#6 ·
Hi, well you would need an elevated cmd prompt to run the cmd and it is:- assoc.exe=exefile , it would not however work, as you need a reg modification, probably best if you left the "tweaking" alone, windows will never run any better then the day you bought it.

Run the attached .zip file it will return a .reg file (Default_EXE.reg) double click on this and agree to merge into registry, this is perfectly safe, has been used millions of times and returns .exe to defaults, after this restart computer.

View attachment 226329

@jenae: yeah, thanks. I was looking for something like this. Nevertheless I ended up reinstaling a fresh windows7 . I feared virus or major malware something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.