Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

error when booting from CD/DVD drive

This is a discussion on error when booting from CD/DVD drive within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I lost/forgot my admin password on my HP laptop (no I stupidly never created the backup disk...) I created a

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

I lost/forgot my admin password on my HP laptop (no I stupidly never created the backup disk...) I created a Ophcrack Live CD, and tried to boot. However, it comes up with the following error:
ISOLINUX 4.05 2011-12-09 ETCD Copyright (c) 1994-2011 H. Peter Anvin Et al EDD: Error 0100 reading Sector 258330 No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found! boot:

I've changed the BIOS settings to make sure everything is set to boot from the CD, and i've created the new IOS of Ophcrack several times to make sure it was copied correctly... I simply don't know where to go from here.... and I really, really don't want to delete and replace the entire Win 7 program.

someone please help!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Due to forum rules we cannot comment or assist in circumventing passwords. Or supporting Password Cracking software. This thread is now closed.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need to replace hard drive in wifes computer need some advice
Okay, Last week I accidentally dropped the wifes laptop and the hard drive is dead now. The hard drive that was in the laptop is a Toshiba mk5056gsy-- 500 gig, 7200rpm, 16mb cache, sata 3.0gbs... I have to purchase this new replacement from Newegg because of funds. I have to use my...
tony8404 Hard Drive Support 3 12-12-2011 10:11 AM
Hard Drive not booting up or allowing recovery. (HP G62 Laptop Windows 7)
I was using my HP laptop 2 weeks ago, and it was working perfectly fine, until one morning when I woke it up from sleep mode. When I woke it up from sleep mode, it was working fine for about 40 seconds, then the whole thing just froze; I couldn't use the mouse, keyboard, or anything, so I just...
Mr.Donovan Hard Drive Support 1 12-10-2011 04:38 PM
[SOLVED] Trouble booting Windows XP from a cd drive on home built computer
I recently bought all of the required parts to build my own computer, and put them all together. However, whenever I go to start the computer up it gives me this message, "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" We have a 500GB western...
samuraimastr Removable Media Drives 8 05-04-2011 07:01 AM
Want to Build a New Intel or AMD System / Revised 2012 and updated regularly
http://i.imgur.com/puBh9u1.png http://i.imgur.com/TTntwDe.pngPlease note that this post is out of date! Please review our newest and always up-to-date thread here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/tsf-hardware-teams-recommended-builds-2013-a-668661.html
linderman Building 1 01-11-2010 05:08 AM