Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error 0x8007045d "Failed to delete the selected partition."

16K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nrtitus14 
#1 ·
I'll start at the beginning:

I restarted my computer and after the mobo screen it said "Please insert bootable media," or something along those lines. I restarted a few times and it would not go away or boot into Windows 7 or anything. I got fed up and decided to try a clean install of Vista on the hdrive. When trying to install it, during the copying phase it told me I had to reformat my drive first. So I deleted the partition (which was my whole hdrive) and then tried formatting, when I got the error 0x80070057 "Windows was unable to complete the format." I tried installing a few more times and it would not work.

The next thing I tried was hooking up another hard drive (this new one is IDE, the other one is SATA). I installed Vista on the new one and it all worked fine. I tried formatting the SATA drive in Disk Management and it would give me the same error code. Next I tried formatting it through the formatter on the Windows 7 install disk. When I tried to delete the partition I got the error 0x8007045d "Failed to delete the selected partition."

Now when I look in the BIOS my SATA drive is not even recognized, and is also not recognized in Disk Management, SeaTools, any of the Windows install partitioners, nothing.

I need help :(

The current state is I have Vista installed on a 40gb IDE hard drive, and I have a 500gb SATA hard drive hooked up properly that is no longer being recognized by anything.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.