Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty

This is a discussion on Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. dear sir how to rectify the error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty. please help me sir thankyou

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

dear sir
how to rectify the error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty.
please help me sir
thankyou

Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

and welcome to the Forum

When do you see this error message? . .

See if this helps . . When trying to delete an empty folder in Vista, getting Error: - Microsoft Answers

Old 11-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Did you open the file that you are trying to delete and see if there were other folders or files in it? If so, it is just telling you that you have to delete the files within the folders before you can delete the parent folder. If you have problems deleting the file, and are sure that there is nothing you or your computer needs in the folder your trying to delete, you can use Unlocker to delete the folder.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty
Hi, I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer. After uninstalling a game, there was a folder that was left behind. So i tried deleting it, but this error came up Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty. So I googled it then tried to do the chkdsk command in the cmd. It failed and told me that My...
Abd00l33 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 08-12-2011 08:22 PM
Laptop barely works, can't access task manager
No access to a Windows install disc or a boot CD Computer takes way too long to start. Takes way too long to restart and shut down. The internet shuts off after a couple of hours and I have to restart the computer. Pop-up keeps appearing even when a web page isn't open....
BalloonBottle Resolved HJT Threads 21 07-25-2011 02:36 PM
Malware taking over my computer
My computer was attacked by Malware at 10.30am Wednesday 15th June. I was using the PC when Icons started to go missing and a window opened up covering most of the screen claiming to be restore software for Windows/XP. It said that it was initiating a PC performance & stability analysis report...
13hastings Resolved HJT Threads 16 06-26-2011 11:23 AM
Request for assistance cleaning up/out virus & bad image errors
Hi there. With the hope someone may be able to navigate me through a fix to restore this laptop to its pre "Windows XP Recovery" virus state, and the further hope I've not frustrated the solution process going too far ahead solo, here goes... My laptop is a newer Dell running Windows XP (I...
dagtagit Resolved HJT Threads 74 06-14-2011 05:40 PM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 12:45 PM