Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD Burn Didn't work

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I've lost my pictures from a vacation to Sweden!

I thought I burned them to a DVD-R, but the disc shows empty when I load it in the drive. I can see on the disc a portion of the disc has been burned though.

When I burned it, it did say it would take 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete the copy, and when I came back, the files were on the Windows Explorer window associated with the DVD.

Using Windows Explorer, I selected pictures and videos on my iPhone that was connected (didn't import because my hard drive was full, and therefore couldn't restore it from the trash when I deleted them from my phone), right clicked to copy, and pasted to a DVD-R.

Like I said, it said "1 hr 40 mins to copy". When I came back, the files showed that they were on the DVD-R, and here's where I screwed up: I went to my iPhone and deleted the files before ejecting the DVD, where it usually says "preparing the disc to be used on other computers".

I then opened a pic from the DVD, and tried to rotate it. Can't remember exactly what happened, but Windows Explorer then showed nothing on the disc.

I ejected the disc, and it came out, but didn't say "preparing the disc to be used on other computers".

Now when I put the DVD in a drive, it shows as an empty disc. I can see about 1/3 of the disc has something burned on it, which is the right amount of data that should have been burned, so the data is there.

Help! It's my kids first visit to Europe!

Cam.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi PepperMill and Welcome to TSF,

What application did you use?

Depending on what application you used to burn the disc, it stores the files on different locations. Some makes an ISO(Image) file of it, and some stores the raw data in the temporary files folder.

Go to Start > Search.
Type "%temp%" without the quotes > Hit ENTER.

Navigate around and see if you can find any files associated to it.

Furthermore, are you sure you weren't using an -RW drive and just didn't close it properly? Go into the application you burned from and see if you can close the drive, or add another file or so to the drive, just burn another .txt file to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.